This page includes C# instructions for VS2008 / VS2010 / VS2013 / VS2017...
Chart WebForms are used to serve dynamically
generated SVG images.
ProEssentials' web strength is in rendering quality and robustness: Where a chart shape, size, and large annotation property set can automatically produce a quality image packed with details. Our SVG HTML5 chart rendering option is true vector output and great for HTML5 based reporting where printed output produces razor sharp results via very small file sizes.
See a similar pre-built example within the included ProEssentials8/PE8WebDemo directory. See example 4, with related files within the Walk-Through4 folder.
The ProEssentials WebForm interfaces have a few key properties and one event which will control server-side specific functionality. These are as follows:
This property controls how this
instance of the control is rendered into HTML.
Possible settings are:
- ImageMap, the control is rendered as
an image tag followed by an ImageMap tag.
- ActiveX, the control is rendered as an
ActiveX object tag.
- BinaryImageStream, render as binary data
representing image data.
- BinaryActiveXStream, render as binary
data representing an initial ActiveX binary state
upon the page loading.
- BinaryDataStream, render as ActiveX binary
state for use with the LoadFromUrl ActiveX method
via client-side script. This allows updating the
ActiveX without refreshing the page.
When RenderingType is set to BinaryImageStream,
this property controls the format of the binary
image data. Possible settings are SVG, PNG, and JPEG. SVG producing an HTML5 chart.
When RenderingType is set to ImageMap,
this property must point to a URL identifying
an .ASPX page containing a ProEssentials control
with its RenderingType property set to BinaryImageStream.
When RenderingType is set to ActiveX, this property
must point to a URL identifying an .ASPX page
containing a ProEssentials control with its RenderingType
property set to BinaryActiveXStream.
When RenderingType is set to ActiveX, this property may optionally
be used to point to a CAB file containing the
ActiveXs and DLL to support automatic installation
onto the client system.
there is one Event and one EventArgs which is used to
implement image map support.
This event is only used when the RenderingType property is
set to ImageMap.
This event will be triggered (generally multiple
occurrences) during the image generation process
when hot spots have been enabled via properties
found within the PeUserInterface.HotSpot
This object is passed to the PeImageMap event to communicate
parameters with the developer.
Members include these properties:
- HotSpotType, defined as Gigasoft.ProEssentials.Enums.HotSpotType.
- Data1, its meaning is dependent upon
- Data2, its meaning is dependent upon
Members also include these write only properties:
- ToolTip, optionally set to assign tool
tip text to image map area.
- Href, optionally set to assign a URL
to image map area.
- Attributes, optionally set to assign
attributes to map area such as VBScript.
It is recommended that the namespace:
Gigasoft.ProEssentials.Enums be included at the
top of your source code files utilizing ProEssentials.
In C#.NET, use the usings keyword. For example:
1) Start Visual Studio.NET and create a new
WebSite project targeting an ASP.NET Web Application using C# as our language.
Accept the default name of [WebSite1].
2) When the new project opens, you will be
presented the design view of "WebForm.aspx".
have already installed the ProEssentials WebForm interfaces, skip to step 4.
3) Installing WebForm interfaces into Visual Studio.NET
VS2008 / VS2010 / VS2013 / VS2017 Instructions
- Under the Tools menu, select [Choose Items...],
- If not selected, left click the [.NET Framework Components] tab,
- Left click the [Browse...] button and find the file "Gigasoft.ProEssentialsWeb.dll" found in the DotNetAnyCpu subdirectory where you installed ProEssentials. By default, this should be located at "C:\ProEssentials8\DotNetAnyCpu\",
- Select the file "Gigasoft.ProEssentialsWeb.dll" and close the [Open File] dialog,
- The [Choose Items] dialog should now show 7 highlighted controls: Pe3doWeb, PegoWeb, PepcoWeb, PepsoWeb, PesgoWeb, and PEBaseWeb/Pedo.
- Deselect the controls PEBaseWeb and Pedo as they should not be used for development,
- Close the dialog and the 5 new ProEssentials components will be at the bottom of the toolbox.
4) For a simple svg example, simply add an HTML IMG tag and point the src to WebForm2.aspx.
For this example we set the width=800 and height=400
5) Within Visual Studio's main menu, select [WebSite] and then [Add New Item...] and add a new Webform. Accept the default name of "WebForm2.aspx".